Greeley Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Lawyer
If your personal debt is spiraling out of control and payments on your bills are routinely missed, it may be time to consider a bankruptcy. A Chapter 7 bankruptcy can liquefy and eliminate debt for those who qualify.
The Law Office of Dennis Love, LLC, represents clients with Chapter 7 bankruptcy issues in Greeley, Colorado, and throughout the eastern plains in Colorado. Firm founder Dennis Love believes that everyone deserves the opportunity for a fresh start, especially with today’s tough economy. Filing for bankruptcy may seem embarrassing, but working with a Greeley Chapter 7 bankruptcy attorney may be your first step to a better life.
Is Bankruptcy Right for You?
Few areas of law are more complicated and are more misunderstood than bankruptcy. While it can be tempting to represent yourself, an experienced lawyer can protect your property and make you come out ahead in the long run. The extensive experience attorney Love has working with the federal Bankruptcy Code and California law will strengthen your case. He will identify what exemptions would be included, if any, for you. His individualized and attentive client service ensures your needs will be addressed throughout the legal process.
- Are your wages being garnished?
- Are you being sued by a debt collector?
- Are you overwhelmed with medical bills?
- Have you or your spouse lost your job and having problems paying your bills?
- Are you having problems paying your credit card bills?
- Are you getting calls from debt collectors in the middle of the night or early in the morning?
- Are you getting threatening letters in the mail from creditors?
Greeley, Loveland, Fort Collins Attorney for Credit Card Debt Relief
At The Law Office of Dennis Love, LLC, every case begins with a careful analysis of the specific challenges a client faces. A means test is required for a Chapter 7. Some individuals may not qualify or could benefit more by pursuing a Chapter 13 bankruptcy or perhaps, bankruptcy is not truly the answer. Attorney Love will determine realistic legal options for you during case assessment. To help his clients get started with the bankruptcy process, he provides a bankruptcy worksheet. Your best interests and goals are always his primary consideration.
In a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, debt is liquefied and eliminated putting an immediate stop to home foreclosure, wage garnishments, harassing phone calls and threatening letters from creditors. Chapter 7 discharges personal obligation to most of your unsecured debt, if not all. In many cases, clients are able to retain most of their property. Filing for a Chapter 7 will put an end to any worries that you may have about losing a car through repossession or the loss of other personal possessions through collection.
Often, the need for bankruptcy arises from job loss, serious illness, divorce or some other unanticipated life event, not a lavish lifestyle. During the challenging financial times we are all going through, it is only right that you have the opportunity to begin your financial life over with a clean slate.
How Long Does Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Take?
The timeline for bankruptcy varies from case to case but there are some rules that can be applied. The Law Office of Dennis Love, LLC, will move your case forward as quickly as possible to get your 341 court hearing scheduled quickly. Roughly learn
· Client completes bankruptcy intake packet and provides The Law Office of Dennis Love, LLC, with all necessary documents.
· Client completes the required Credit Counseling course.
· Bankruptcy information is entered and petition is prepared.
· A copy of the bankruptcy petition is given to review and correct any errors (if any).
· Client reviews petition with attorney and signs all required documents.
· Petition and Schedules are filed with the Court.
· Approximately 30 to 45 days later a 341 meeting will be held with the Court appointed Trustee, the client and attorney. This is called the “Meeting of the Creditors.” If you are a Weld County or Larimer County resident, this will be held in Fort Collins, Colorado.
· Client completes the required Financial Management course and the certificate of completion is filed with the Court.
· Approximately 75 to 90 days after the 341 meeting, a discharge will enter for the case.
Contact a Lawyer for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
Find out how attorney Love can help you to solve your personal bankruptcy issue. Contact The Law Office of Dennis Love, LLC, by calling 970-373-1704 or send an e-mail to schedule a free initial consultation.
The Colorado Bar Association does not consider any lawyer to be a specialist and attorneys cannot advertise themselves as experts. Anyone considering hiring a lawyer should consider the attorneys’ credentials and legal qualifications.
THE LAW OFFICE OF DENNIS LOVE IS A DEBT RELIEF LAW FIRM AS DEFINED BY 11 U.S.C. 528. I HELP PEOPLE FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY RELIEF UNDER THE U.S. BANKRUPTCY CODE.